Some changes in the law go into effect this July 1, 2011 that all homeschooling parents and PSP directors will need to act on. Read more
California law requires every student, grades K-12, to either be vaccinated against several specified diseases, or have a documented exemption from any or all of the required vaccinations. This requirement applies to all students in every public and private school, including private schools based in the home (i.e., homeschools). Read More
According to a case report filed with federal health officials and obtained by the New York Times last year, “a 6-year-old girl from Colorado received flu-Mist, a Flu vaccine .... And about a week later she ‘became weak with multiple episodes of falling to the ground’ and ‘difficulty walking.’ ... The girl grew weak, feverish and ‘became more limp, appears sleepy, acts as if drunk,’ the report said.” Read more
Need Help Deciding Whether or Not To Vaccinate? Find some helpful resources here.
- List of County Public Health Dept. Phone Numbers
- Sample Immunizations Forms
- Tdap (Pertussis Booster) Requirement Sticker (PM 286 S) Guide for School Staf
- Link to the department's website with questions and answers related to this issue.
- Barbara Loe Fisher, Co-founder and President of the National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), (703) 938-3783, 204 Mill St. Suite B1, Vienna, VA 22180, or on-line at http://www.nvic.org.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), (800) 311-3435, 1600 Clifton Rd; Atlanta, GA 30333, or on-line at www.cdc.gov.